Wednesday, February 27, 2013

An Update! Sorry for the Wait

girlgonebside.blogspot.com
Fireworks! Photo taken by my sister Serena. Please don't use without permission.
Hi, everyone! To be honest, I haven't felt like writing this blog much since I got here. I've been feeling myself slipping a bit back into that depressed rut I was in last time I was here... not as bad, thank goodness, but enough for me to notice. Fortunately, I've got work to do for the nonprofit and my family to hang out with, so that's been keeping me from sinking totally into a state of, "I want to do nothing but blob about today."

I've been feeling like I haven't been doing anything particularly blog-worthy or exciting. But I have to remind myself that I'm in China doing volunteer work with an amazing nonprofit. Living with my family, who I love a lot. What's not exciting about that, really?

Sometimes I guess I take for granted what's right in front of me that I'm so fortunate to have been given.

Some things that I've been up to since I got here:

  1. I went to see a short play.
  2. I've eaten out at several excellent restaurants. Yum!
  3. I've started living with a very sweet cat in my room. She feels safe here and it's better than keeping her in the bathroom all the time, because she hates the other cats and hides from them wherever she can.
  4. I saw a spectacular fireworks show during Chinese New Year. My ears were ringing by the end of it. Seriously, some of those fireworks lit up the sky so brightly it could've been daytime.
  5. I've been working in my sister's online store, and also I've been organizing photos for Little Flower Projects.
  6. I've been watching movies (most recent: The Princess Bride) and playing games (namely Just Dance) with my family.
So I guess I've been up to more than I thought! Funny how I didn't really realize that until I wrote it all down.

I can't promise regular, clockwork-like updates, but I will do my best to post whenever I have something to share... and maybe even sometimes when I don't. So, I guess stay tuned!

It's been a while since I've posted, and also since I've heard from you all. What have you been up to?

0 replies:

Post a Comment