Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Hello from China!

Hi guys! I'm blogging at you from Beijing--I'm finally here! Surprisingly enough, jetlag hasn't been kicking me in the rear end like last time I came over here. In fact, I've been able to get by with only one hour-long nap a day... and yesterday, no nap at all. Yay!

A Beautiful Send-off
I was sent off in a beautiful way by the other women I met on the ACTS retreat I mentioned earlier. They snuck out to my house at night when I was asleep and stuck signs with wonderful send-off messages in my front yard for me to see when I woke up the next morning. If any of you are reading this, thank you thank you thank you! It made me smile so much and really warmed my heart.

Family Time!
I've been spending a lot of time with my family over here while getting over jetlag... even if I haven't been napping much, I've still been feeling the effects of it from time to time. I've been playing games with them (they have a Wii, guys), as well as playing guitar with my oldest niece and just having fun goofing around.

Working Woman
My sister Serena and I sat down yesterday and started working on some things related to Little Flower Projects and Assunta Store together. It felt really good to be able to help out. Even if I haven't quite been here a week, I was beginning to go a little stir-crazy, wondering when the jetlag was going to leave so I could start working.

I actually plan to start on a project for the store after I finish this blog post. Well, first I'm going to call home, and then I'll start the project.

I'm so happy to finally be here and starting to do some work. This is just a quick update from me--I'm signing off for now, but I'll most likely have something else to blog about soon!

Could you share a recent happy moment of yours, as well? I'd love to hear about it.

4 replies:

Merenwen said...

Glad you got there safely, Nephy :)

Hmm, happy moments... well, I recently realized that I can make multiple hats for the House Cup this month, does that count? ;) I may only do two - three if I can fit in a simple one for Quidditch, but I have to find the right needle size and figure out how to stripe it.

Lee said...

So glad to hear you are safe and sound in China! I feel priviledged that I heard about your trip in a puttytribe huddle and now you are already there. I can't wait to hear about all the things you will be doing abroad. Please give us lots of details - the good and the bad!

Unknown said...

That totally counts, Merry! :D I expect pics in TKC when you're done. :)

Unknown said...

Thank you, Lee. :) I'll be sure to give details, don't worry.

Post a Comment